Terms and conditions – Night Vision Gear UK, 76D Hill Street, Newry, BT34 1BE.
Updated 14 June 2014
1) If you are unsure about a products suitability for a particular task or circumstance, please ring/email an enquiry to us before purchasing, we will be happy to provide expert, impartial advice, to assist you in selecting the most suitable unit.
2) We welcome and value telephone enquiries regarding our night vision products, however we do not accept credit card numbers/orders by telephone. We use "Worldpay" as our payment processor - their network offers the state of the art in credit card security, and is streets ahead of the very insecure practice of giving personal details over the phone.
3) Credit card payments are accepted for retail customer orders only, and are not accepted for trade orders.
4) Goods will only be dispatched by us once payment has been received and verified. Debits appear on your Credit/Debit Card statement attributed to Worldpay-CAMO Surveillance Equipment.
5) Where an attempted card transaction is suspected of being fraudulent, or fails the numerous anti-fraud criteria in use by our card processing service, we reserve the right not to process the order, or any order from that particular buyer/IP address. Due to the high frequency of fraud among credit card orders, additional proof of card ownership may be required. This procedure is routine on orders exceeding GBP1000.00, but we reserve the right to request supporting documents on any order - genuine purchasers do not mind these procedures, which protect all of us. Credit Card Fraudsters beware - all details of attempted fraudulent transactions are retained as evidence for civil/criminal prosecution.
6) This company has a strict code of customer confidentiality - NO customer/order details are disclosed to any third party. The exception to this is where said details have been used in an attempt to defraud, in which case term (5) applies.
7) Orders normally take 3-5 working days from day of order before arriving with the customer (depending on delivery address). You will be advised by return of e-mail, on ordering, if any delays are anticipated with your order, at which point we will proceed with your order on the basis of the longer delivery schedule, or cancel your order with our regrets and apologies.
8) We do not ship substitute items, so if a product that you have ordered inadvertently happens to be out of stock, we will cancel your order and ask you to re-submit your order at a later date when the item returns into stock. In the event of the customer receiving a wrong item (i.e. an item that the customer did not order, due to an error on our part) we will cover the cost of the return shipping and replace it with the correct item.
UK/EU Distance Selling Regulations- Returning Goods if you are not Satisfied.
9) You are entitled to change your mind and cancel your contract to purchase within 14 calendar days of delivery for a refund of the cost of the goods. To return an order under this regulation, the Customer must contact us up to14 days after the date that the order was delivered. After this period, the contract will have deemed to be successfully completed for the purposes of the Distance Selling Regulations. Exclusions to this 14 day cooling off policy are non-stock goods that have been ordered in by us to fulfill specific customer requests, or goods that have been customised by us to customer specifications.
10) Cancellation of this contract to purchase can be made by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or in writing to our UK offices (addresses listed above). Please see model cancellation form below this paragraph. In all cases the invoice number relevant to the goods being returned must be quoted. A telephone call is not sufficient to cancel your contract - such termination must be given in a "durable" medium such as in email or letter form. The email address used to send the cancellation must be the same email address submitted with the order. If sending cancellation by letter, please use model cancellation form format, and please include a copy of the original invoice. Please ensure that the letter arrives with us within the 14 day period; otherwise the contract will be deemed to have been completed. On receipt of cancellation from the customer, the correct returns address and a Returns Authorisation Number will be issued to the customer which must be printed clearly on the outside of the parcel. NO GOODS CAN BE RETURNED WITHOUT FIRST RECEIVING A RETURNS AUTHORISATION NUMBER!
Model cancellation form
To Night Vision Gear UK, 76D Hill Street, Newry, BT34 1BE;
I/We [*] hereby give notice that I/We [*] cancel my/our contract of sale of the following goods [*]
Ordered on [*] / received on [*],
Name of consumer(s),
Address of consumer(s),
Signature of consumer(s) (only if this form is notified on paper),
11) The customer is bound by law to retain possession of the goods and to take reasonable care of them during the 14 day period - a customer who fails to do so is in breach of their statutory duty under the distance selling regulations. We require the unwanted goods to be returned within 14 calendar days of the customer cancelling the contract (i.e. a maximum of 28 days elapsed from the time the customer receives the goods to the day that we receive them back). The unwanted goods must be returned complete and undamaged, in resalable condition along with all accessories and instructions. The original packing must be returned in reasonable condition also, and the return should be suitably packed so as to ensure prompt, safe, undamaged return delivery to us.
If the customer has diminished the value of the goods (by handling them beyond what is necessary to establish their nature, characteristics and function, or by mistreatment), a deduction will be made from the refund equal to the assessed loss of value.
The Regulations establish a test as a “yardstick” - whether consumers have handled the goods in a way beyond what might reasonably be allowed in a shop.
12) The customer is responsible for shipping the unwanted goods back to us at their own expense. We recommend that any returns made to us be both insured and registered. As a rough guide, items weighing less than 2Kg will cost approximately £14.00, while items weighing more than 2 Kg cost approximately £29.00 (Royal Mail Special Delivery with insurance up to £2500.00)
13) We will refund to the customer the invoice value of the goods within a maximum of 14 days from the goods being received by us (subject to para 11 above).
14) Products carry warranty against failure due to faulty materials or workmanship for a period of 12 months from the date of delivery (with the exception of Armasight and Genesys products, which carry a two year limited warranty, warranty term is displayed on the web-page relevant to each product).
15) Warranties are NOT transferable to any third party. Warranty is dependant on and subject to the customer operating the equipment as per operating instructions, and not modifying, altering or abusing it in any way. Image Intensifier Night vision units are sensitive to bright light, damage caused by bright light exposure is not covered by warranty. Damage caused by the fitting of non-approved batteries (e.g. any type of rechargeable battery) is not covered by warranty. Damage caused by rough or violent treatment or immersion in water is not covered by warranty. Any alteration to the unit in any fashion will invalidate the warranty. These exclusions are to be read in addition to any other warranty exclusions made by the manufacturer of the product in question. Goods that become faulty during warranty period should be brought to our attention immediately by sending us an email to advise us of the fault as perceived by the customer.
16) We will then issue the customer an RAN (Returns Authorisation Number) to place on the outside of the returned parcel. NO GOODS CAN BE RETURNED WITHOUT FIRST RECEIVING A RAN! A copy of the original invoice must be included with the returned item.
17) The goods will be received by us, inspected and we will then repair or replace as we deem appropriate. The customer is responsible for returning the product(s) in question to us in otherwise perfect condition, and we recommend that any returns made to us be both insured and registered; The customer is responsible for the shipping costs of any returns. Refunds otherwise given will be minus shipping charges incurred by us, and may be subject to a processing fee to cover administration costs.
18) Liability - Our total and complete liability in any matter will not exceed the cost of the item in question, paid to us by the customer. This obligation extends only to the original purchaser of the product(s) and not to any third party.
Night Vision Gear UK, 76D Hill Street, Newry, BT34 1BE, N. Ireland, United Kingdom.
Tel: 02830263235 (Mon-Fri 10.00am-1pm, 2pm – 5pm) E-Mail: email@example.com